A few bits for the week..
- Sorry this post is late. Something was screwy with the site when I went to do it on Friday and after that, it pretty much went out of my mind.
- The Indigenous Peoples Floor Mat has arrived at our school! This giant map shows the locations of Indigenous communities, residential schools, reserves and more. Rather than political borders, Canada is broken up into Indigenous language groups. The map will be here for the rest of this week and everyone is welcome to pop into the gym to have a look. Please note that shoes must be removed before walking on it. Our class will be going in to see it on Thursday.
- Thank you to all our chaperones that made our Royal Roads trip a great success. There are photos posted to Freshgrade to help kindle a conversation about it at home. Ask your child about what the 3-coloured petri dish taught them about bacteria and hand washing!
- We had an author visit last Thursday. Mr. Chris Tougas is a local children's author who came in to share his stories and some professional illustrator drawing tips with our class.
- Sharing this week will be Madeline on Tuesday, Madison on Wednesday, Mason on Thursday and Poppy on Friday.
Have a great week!