Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 8 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 8 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 8 February 2019, 5:10 PM

Hello everyone, 

It was a great snow day at the school! So neat to see the children working together to make huge snowballs as well as being respectful of others great work!  

Our ice castle that we made with Mrs. Westwood's class yesterday was still there too!  The children did a great job building the castle and rebuilding to make it taller! We all appreciated coming in to the heat when we were done! Thanks again for sending in all the different ice blocks, we all appreciated it!

I apologized I forgot to hand out the children's folders this afternoon so I will pass it out on Monday.

Sharing: This week, we talked about 3D shapes, so if your child could bring in a 3D shape to share, that would be great. ie. ball - 3D shape -sphere  

Children who were to share on Friday, can share on any other day - their choice. 

Portfolio Help: If you are free Monday morning, please think about joining Amanda and Tana to glue items that go into the children's portfolios - any extra help is appreciated!

Calendar Reminders:

Monday, Feb 11 is our Eagle Convocation - Please have your child wear their Eagle colour shirt.

Tuesday, Feb 12 - Our school is having a lockdown drill.

Wednesday, Feb. 14 - Valentine's Day - If you decided to send Valentines, please include all the children 

Class Names - Acacia, Aidan, Brock, Brooklyn, Coast, Derickah, Edward, Ella, Elliot, Esmae, Jordyn, Makayla, Mason, Misha, Munro, Oden, Patrick, Sam, William,  Wyatt 

Friday, Feb 15 - Pro D day - No school 

Family Day - Monday, February 18 - NO SCHOOL

Fun Lunch - Wednesday, February 20

100th Day - Wednesday, Feb. 20 - Bring in 100 day items on Tuesday, Feb 19 so we can hang it up on our bulletin board. 

Later this weekend, I will email a google doc sign up for our Big Buddy Pancake Breakfast this is on Friday, February 22. It is lots of fun for the children to eat with their Big Buddies!  We appreciate all your support with this Buddy event.

I hope you stay warm this weekend and that you get a chance to play in the snow with your child!

Mrs. Blackie