Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 1 Weekly Update!

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 1 Weekly Update!
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 1 June 2018, 10:50 PM

Hello everyone,

Can you believe it is June?  Summer is soon!   We are celebrating July and August birthdays in June. I let the children pick their own date. It will be their special Star Student day. 

Thanks for coming in for our Math morning, we hope to see you next Friday morning too!

We had a practise Lock Down drill today and the students did well. We will be ready for our drill  next week. 

This week we begin with a field trip to island View Beach. Thank you to the drivers. If your child needs a ride please bring their booster seat or we can use a school one. We plan to leave by 9:30 so if you are driving please be in the classroom for 9:20 to collect your child and the students you are driving. I will give a list on Monday morning. I sent home a Beach Day reminder list of what I sent earlier this week in paper copy to review.  It will be a fun day!

On Wednesday, we are having a special visit from Sensational Sea talking about ocean creatures. It seems our theme this week  is the beach and what lives near it! So of course our Sharing is linked to this too....share your favourite ocean creature or favourite thing to do at a beach and why?

This past week, the children share many fun games they played, thanks for your help with this.

We will no longer be sharing K-News for the month of June so I suggested that they be the K-News reporters and share their own news to you. 

Scholastic Books - If you want some books for summer please order by June 7 as I am going to put in the order so we get it before the end of the month. 

Grad Hat making - I have a template for cutting the materials and you can help yourself to items in the Art room if you want to follow my daughter's hat or create your own. If we could have 19 by Monday, June 25 would be great! Thanks for your support with this. 

Calendar Reminders: 
  •  June 4 - Buddy Beach trip  (9:30 - 2:00)
  • June 5 - Lockdown drill (will be as fun and not scary as possible)
  • June 6 - Sensational Sea in-class visit
  • June 19 - afternoon activities to recognize Aboriginal Day
  • June 20 - 10 am Service Assembly
  • June 22 - Fun Day
  • June 26 - 10am Farewell Assembly for Grade 5s and departing staff
  • June 26 - afternoon (likely 2:00 pm) KINDERGRAD
  • June 28 - Parent Appreciation Pancake Breakfast/Last day of school for kids

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie