A few bits for the week...
- With the excitement over at Bayside School this week, I just want to let you know that I chose not to share any details with the class. They stayed indoors for yesterday's second recess and I told them I didn't really know why. They were content with that. I caution you to be aware of what is being said in front of the little ones, especially if they have older siblings. They don't always talk about their anxiety but they certainly feel it.
- No school Monday. I will be working on report cards.
- Our skating trip is this coming Tuesday. Thanks again for all the volunteer drivers. Drivers, please arrive around 12:20 and we will leave the school at about 12:30. All students must be in a booster seat. Please send a booster seat to school labelled with your child's name. (The school does have a few spares for those who forget.) Students needing to rent skates need to bring $3.50 to me before we leave. All students must wear a helmet. Gloves and waterproof pants are recommended.
- Early dismissal (1:40) this coming Wednesday and Thursday.
- Short, unpolished performance starting at 1:00 on Thursday the 8th. The children would like to share a few songs from our morning routine and one of our favourite "plays". Everyone welcome but we will be performing in our classroom so space could potentially be tight.
- Also on Thursday the 8th, from 2:00 - 6:00, we will have our classroom open house. Drop in and celebrate learning by having them show you some of their work and talk about what they are most proud of. If you can't make this window, let me know and we'll happily arrange another time. If the classroom is very busy right at 2:00, you might want to go for a short walk or snack and return later so you can have a more peaceful tour.
- Sharing for Tuesday is Abi, Wednesday is Adam, Thursday is Arley, and Friday is Casey.
Have a great weekend!