Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Week of January 15-19

Picture of Lorree Brown
Week of January 15-19
by Lorree Brown - Monday, 15 January 2018, 3:11 PM

Hello parents.  I came down with a nasty flu last week but your lovely children were very well behaved for the TOCs and had a productive week.  I am thankful to be teaching such wonderful children.  

Here are the events and reminders for this week:

Math With Mrs. Brown: The children wrote a quiz today.  I will mark the quizzes today and send home Wednesday.  We will continue working on subtraction of whole numbers to 1 000 000. With Mr. LurieThis week, Grade 4/5 students will start their unit on geometry.
WritingThis week students will continue to learn about nouns.  We will work on identifying nouns in various sentences.  In addition to the work on nouns, students will write a recount of their field trip to the climbing wall. 
Reading: This week we will be reading chapters 41-50  in  our novel, Holes.  Students will be completing various reading response summaries.  We will also begin our final project which will be creating a book trailer with the iPads.    
Socials StudiesStudents will continue working on their inquiry project. The launch was a big success and students were actively engaged in learning about their topics.
ScienceWe will continue our unit on the phases of matter.

Physical Education: For the month of January, we will be completing a gymnastics unit using various equipment and foam shapes set up in the gym. 

Dance:  Students continued learning a new dance for the Fine Arts Festival and for the performance in May.  Mark your calendars now...the performance will be on Tuesday, May 15th at 12:30 in the gym.  

Reminders

Report Cards Envelopes: If you have not done so already, please return report card envelopes.

Stelly's Climbing Wall - We will be heading to Stelly's Climbing Wall tomorrow, Tuesday, January 16th.  Please send your child with a good rain jacket, an umbrella and a pocket snack.  I have encouraged the children to wear athletic clothing. 

Fun Lunch - This Wednesday, Jan 17th  

Non Instructional Day Monday, January 29 - No school for students on Monday, January 29  

Tuesday, May 14th - Dance Performance in gym at 10:30