Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Happy New Year, Welcome to 2018!

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Happy New Year, Welcome to 2018!
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Saturday, 6 January 2018, 1:53 PM

Hello everyone, 

I hope you've had a wonderful holiday!  Here are some reminders for next week:

Sharing - Free choice for the first 2 weeks - your child can share an object, story, picture, etc. Usually children like to bring in something they received over the holidays. If it is a toy, I ask them to put it in their backpacks right after sharing so it will not get lost or broken. (I do not let toys go outside). 

Math: review 2 D shapes, and begin 3 D shapes so if you have any party hats, clean cans, cube or rectangular shaped boxes from Christmas, please send them in  this week.

Literacy: Please send in the Literacy books for Tuesday and your child's library book. This insures they bring both home on Thursday;  thanks for your help with this.  We continue to learn the letters from Letterland and will start formally printing letters. 

First Nation Language and Culture: For the month of January, on Fridays your child will be learning some local WSANEC language and culture by Ms. Sam. 

Calendar Reminders:

Order Fun Lunch online by Jan. 7 to insure your child gets Fun Lunch on Wednesday, January 17th.  (Paper copies due to PAC box by the office by January 8th - one cheque per child, payable to Brentwood PAC)

Monday, January 29 - No School - NID

Wed. January 31 - Popcorn Day

Wed., Thurs. March 7, 8 Early Closure Days ( more info to come closer to the time)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday!

Mrs. Blackie