Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, Sept. 15 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, Sept. 15 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 15 September 2017, 9:09 PM

Hello everyone, 

They made it! One  full week of Kindergarten and it was a great success! All the children have been working hard on following the procedures/routines in the class, playing with their new friends and learning or reviewing skills of glueing, cutting and how to hold a pencil. We look forward to sharing with you what we have been doing on Wednesday, September 20 at 5:30-6:30-Know Your School Night.  This is a great opportunity to meet the French Teacher, Mme Scott and the Music Teacher Ms. Eng. 

(On this night I will have a sign up list if you want your child to be on a "play date" list with other kindergarten children, a volunteer list -a big thanks to Ricki - Ryan's mom for making Playdoh next week, plus a permission sheet for your child to be part of Fresh Grade.)

Please review your Kindergarten Newsletter with your child as it was sent home today, along with PAC information and Speech information. If you ever are missing any information, please don't hesitate to ask for another copy, I will try and find one for you.

On my initial class letter it said Wednesday was a communication day, that has now changed as the PAC is going paperless and much of the information is online as outlined in their newsletter. I will be sending information in the folders, so please check in all the backpack pockets to make sure your child has it. Sometimes they get left behind in the class...this is still new for them and we will continue to work on it (for the whole year...ha ha). 

Few reminders for next week:

Sharing Theme:  ALL ABOUT ME 

Monday, Sept. 18 Fire Drill

Wed., Sept. 20 Know Your School - 5:30 - 6:30

Thursday, Sept 28 Photo Day

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and your child gets lots of rest as they all worked hard! I look forward to seeing them on Monday.

Mrs. Blackie