Front Page News

Staffing Update

Picture of Sara Salemink
Staffing Update
by Sara Salemink - Tuesday, 2 November 2021, 9:27 AM

Hello Brentwood Eagle Families,

Working with the Brentwood Elementary community has been a highlight of my career since September 2017. As you may know, my husband and I are expecting our first child. Under advisement of my doctor, my last day of work before the baby eagle's arrival will be November 12, 2021.

The Board has appointed Mrs. Helena Takhar as our Interim Principal until June 30, 2022 effective November 13, 2021. This is wonderful news for our school as Mrs. Takhar knows all of our students and community very well. Please join me in congratulating her! She can be reached by email at htakhar@saanichschools.ca. 

As we move through staffing, we will be sure to update you as the subsequent positions of Interim Vice Principal and Division 4 (0.8) classroom teacher are filled.

I look forward to seeing you all in the community while I am on leave and thank you all for being part of an amazing community that I have been honoured to work with. Please feel to email me if you have any questions at ssalemink@saanichschools.ca

All my best until we are soaring together again,

Sara Salemink