Front Page News

A message from our French Teacher- Mme. Scott

Picture of Sara Salemink
A message from our French Teacher- Mme. Scott
by Sara Salemink - Monday, 11 May 2020, 8:53 AM

Bonjour tout le monde!

Hi everyone!
     I hope this email finds your family healthy and busy, but with a little relax time to enjoy each other away from the hustle and bustle of work, school, and other commitments. If you partook in the play activity "La Belle Pieuvre" a couple of weeks ago with your children, I hope it provided some fun and engaging entertainment for everyone! 
     These past weeks, I thought I would mention that many kids are participating in a "Be Kind Challenge Chart" activity. I have been encouraging kids to find extra ways to show kindness and helpfulness toward family members and to record these on a chart. This will help them see just how many times they have filled the hearts of others in some way, small or big. In doing so, I hope they may feel their hearts (or buckets) filling as well with the good things they are saying or doing. If your child is just starting this activity, see if you can help them recognize opportunities to show kindness or to be helpful, then remind them to add it to their charts. Hopefully, as the charts fill up, kids will see how much their bucket-filling will improve the well-being in the household and siblings may even recognize when they can work together toward making someone's day. Here are a couple of links to books about bucket-filling, read on youtube, that you can watch with your children, if you have time. Enjoy each other and take time for togetherness!

th?id=OVP.54kJo0csv4iTEwvFsv0zbwHgFo&pid=Api
description
www.youtube.com

th?id=OVP.nM3UU3ZT1lFIxWaqJ4PzTgHgFo&pid=Api
Bucket Filling A-Z
www.youtube.com
Mme. Scott