Community News

A Message from the Superintendent of Schools

Picture of Lyn Stewart
A Message from the Superintendent of Schools
by Lyn Stewart - Friday, 2 November 2018, 12:26 PM

Dear Brentwood Elementary School parents / guardians,

I wanted to contact you directly this afternoon to inform you of an upcoming change at Brentwood Elementary School. 

Ms. Shirley Elm was looking forward to a wonderful year ahead as your Principal at Brentwood, but certain life circumstances have resulted in her needing to take a Leave of Absence beginning on Mon Nov 5th.  The leave is for an indefinite time period.

I am pleased at this time to announce that Mr. Mark Guiguet (retired Elementary Principal and former Vice-Principal at Brentwood) has agreed to return to our District as acting-Principal at Brentwood.  Mark is very familiar with the community having been at the school between 2010 and 2012.  He will join the Brentwood team effective Nov 19th and is available for as long as we require him.   In the two weeks before his arrival, Ms. Sara Jolivet (Vice-Principal) will be moved to a full-time administration assignment.

While I understand that any change is disruptive, our goal throughout this transition was to find a solution that minimizes the impact on the entire school.  I do acknowledge that there will be some disruption so I thank you for your understanding as we work to make this transition as smooth as possible. 

I know that you join me in wishing Ms. Elm well in her upcoming Leave of Absence.

Sincerely,

DAVE EBERWEIN

Superintendent & CEO, Saanich Schools

2125 Keating Cross Road, Saanichton, BC V8M 2A5

(W) 250.652.7332  (C) 250.812.2156

Twitter: @DaveWEberwein

Blog:  www.thepowerofwhy.ca