Front Page News

A New Year at Brentwood

Picture of Shirley Elm
A New Year at Brentwood
by Shirley Elm - Thursday, 13 September 2018, 10:15 AM

Hello Brentwood Community,

I am so pleased to be joining you this year as the new Principal of Brentwood Elementary. Some of you may remember me having been in this neighbourhood before as the Principal of Bayside Middle School a few years back. Central Saanich is one of my favourite places and I have always enjoyed getting to know the families, and community partners here. 

We have had a very successful start up and I thank you for your patience as both Lyn, the new Secretary, and I, have been soaking up the Brentwood Elementary culture, traditions and and ways of doing things. We are very happy to be joining the wonderful staff at this school.

Thank you to parents who have been contacting me with questions, suggestions, concerns and requests. It is important that I know your perspectives and hear about how your children are experiencing their return to school or start to school so that we can make it as positive and successful as possible.

I am looking forward to working together with you so that this school year is the very best it can be.

Shirley Elm