Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

The last weeks of school!

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
The last weeks of school!
by Alyssa Ellison - Sunday, 14 June 2015, 8:53 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a couple of notes about the last weeks of school:

Books: All library books should be returned to school asap. The library staff are completing an inventory off all the books, so if you find any books at home, please bring them back to school. Also, as of this week, children will no longer be bringing home classroom or home reading books. If you find any books at home which say "Home Reading", "Brentwood Elementary", or "Mrs. Ellison", please return them to school. Thank you.

Scrapbooks: A BIG thank you to those of you who have helped with our memory scrapbooks, but we need more volunteers. If you are available during the day, or after school, please let me know.

Unbirthday Party: If your child hasn't celebrated a birthday with us this year, Tuesday, June 16th is the day! We will celebrate everyone who has summer birthdays so they're not left out.

Wednesday, June 17, there is a service assembly at 12:30 where people will be honoured and appreciated for all their hard work and volunteer time. 

Friday, June 19 is FUN DAY and a PAC BBQ

Beach Day on June 22: Thanks to everyone who returned their field trip forms and especially to those who are able to drive us to the beach! If I don't have your child's form yet, you will get another one tomorrow. We are leaving the school around 9:45 and returning around 2:15, and family members are welcome to join us. Here's a list of what the children should bring:

* Appropriate clothing--We are at the beach for most of the day, so children should have layers of clothing (e.g. bathing suit with a t shirt and hoodie), sandals, hat

* Towel--Children are allowed to get wet, but not swim, so please pack a towel in their backpack.

* water bottle

* sunscreen (please sunscreen your child in the morning before school)

* beach toys--in a bag and labelled with their names

* shared food item--please send a food item that can feed approximately six people and is prepared and ready to eat. 

Tuesday, June 23, there is a Grade Five Farewell assembly at 12:30

Wednesday, June 25 school supplies will go home.

Thursday, June 25: Last day of school. Children have a permission form going home tomorrow for a fun and exciting event happening at Stelly's School--In the afternoon, we will walk there and cheer on the grade fives and the teachers as they go "head to head" in a game of dodge-ball!

If you have any questions, please give me a call at school, or send me an email at aellison@sd63.bc.ca

smile

Alyssa