Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

Music conert and other updates

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
Music conert and other updates
by Alyssa Ellison - Friday, 17 April 2015, 4:54 PM

Hi Everyone,

On Monday, we have our music concert. It begins at 6:30, so please ensure your child is in our classroom between 6:00-6:15. If your child wants to practice the songs over the weekend, they are on our moodle page under music and singing. We are asking that everyone wear their BKind t-shirts and dark/black pants for the performance. We hope you enjoy the show!

April is poetry month! When you're at school, check out our poe-tree outside the classroom. We've added some acrostic poems about us! Next week is Earth Week at Brentwood Elementary, and down the hall (towards the kindergarten class), you can see our Earth haiku poems and pixelated art that we made with our big buddy class.

Speaking of big buddies, we had a great time doing the Jump Rope for Heart with them this week. We had music blasting in the gym, and everyone got to try a variety of different things at the skipping stations. Our big buddy class is also going to visit us every Friday afternoon for reading time after lunch--we're so lucky!

Thanks to everyone who has returned their field trip forms for Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary. I'm still missing a few, so please return them asap. I'd also like to thank the parents who have volunteered to drive! It looks like we'll have enough drivers and we won't need to rent a bus.

On May 7, all the primary classes are invited to a performance of Snow White at the Parklands Secondary School. It's always so much fun! We watch the play, and then have a question and comments time with the cast of the show. We will be leaving here at 10:00 and return in time to eat lunch. For this field trip, we will be sharing school buses with the other classes. The field trip consent form will be coming home next week.

Next Friday, May 24th is a Pro D day, and there will be no school for students. Therefore, our spelling test will be the following Friday. 

If you still haven't returned your child's report card envelope, please bring it to school. We will need them again for our year-end reports. 

If your child has books from the classroom, please return them to school. Everyone should have a book to read for their home nights reading practise, but some children have acquired quite a collection, and this means other children can't read them. Thank you!

Thanks to all the family members who continue to "Read Around the Room" with us every Friday morning! It's such a nice way to end our week.

I'm sure I'll think of something else as soon as I hit "send", but for now, that's it! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your families, and I'll see you on Monday.

smile

Alyssa