Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

Wecome Back!

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
Wecome Back!
by Alyssa Ellison - Tuesday, 24 March 2015, 5:46 PM

Hi everyone, and welcome back! I hope that you all had a fun and relaxing Spring break.

Music: We have started a music program this week with Mary Kaercher! Every Monday and Friday we will be singing with her and another class. In April (the 21st or 22nd), there will be a music performance (in the evening, I think) and I will let you know as soon as I've got a confirmed time/date, etc. I've posted our songs on the moodle page. They are 1) Green Eggs and Ham 2) Somewhere Over the Rainbow 3) Yellow Submarine 4) don't Stop Believing (this song is to be sung with the entire school). If you click on Music and Singing, you can choose which song you'd like to listen to. Seeing as I've had them running through my head for the last few days, it's only fair that I share with you! ;)

Science/Literacy/Art: Our birds of Prey projects are finished, and up on the wall by our classroom--come and check them out! This project was an incredible learning process for everyone to work in a small group, and the children did an incredible job. This week, each group will present as the "experts" of their bird, and then we will have a time for comments and questions. In a couple of weeks, we will draw names, and one lucky child from each group will get to take the project home!

P.E./Jump Rope for Heart: On Friday at 12:30, we will have an assembly about our Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser, and each child will bring home a package to explain the program. During the assembly, there will be a skipping performance, which is always exciting! Starting next week, we will begin our skipping unit in gym. 

Stream of Dreams: On April 7th, we will have the Stream of Dreams crew at Brentwood school, and they will educate us on the importance of keeping our water clean. Each child will paint a fish to adorn our fence--Please send an old adult-sized t-shirt for your child to wear during the painting activity. We are looking for parent volunteers on Friday, April 10th to put the finished fish on the fence. If you are available to help, please let me know and I will pass on your name.

Poetry: April is poetry month, and we will be creating our own poetry, learning about different poets, and types of poetry genres.

Important Dates to Remember:

Thursdays: Library Day--please return any library books by Thursday

Wednesday, March 25th: Free popcorn day

Friday, March 27: Jump Rope for Heart assembly at 12:30

Friday April 3 and Monday April 6: Good Friday and Easter Monday--no school

Tuesday, April 7th: Stream of Dreams painting

Wednesday, April 8th: Popcorn Day

Friday, April 10: Stream of Dreams volunteers needed to display fish on our fence

April 21/22: Music Performance(s)--More information to come

Wednesday, April 22: Earth Day

Friday, April 24th: Professional Day: No school for students

Wednesday, April 29th: PAC fun Lunch

Monday May 4: Professional Day: No school for students

Tuesday, May 4th: Swan Lake Field Trip