Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

More January News

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
More January News
by Alyssa Ellison - Thursday, 15 January 2015, 5:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a couple of new items to add for this month.

On Tuesday, January 20th, Mrs. Sinclair-Wise's class is having a bake sale to fundraise for KIVA (check them out at www.kiva.org), an organization who give loans to individuals who are struggling. The bake sale will be at lunch time (11:15) and everything will be $1. If your child would like to buy something, or you would like to make a donation, please send money to school next Tuesday.

On Tuesday, February 3 (yes, the same day the Swan Lake people will be here to teach us about owls), we are having a school-wide Literacy Day. Everyone is encouraged to dress as their favorite book character!

I am looking for a volunteer to help with the scrapbooks. It's not a difficult task, but it is time consuming to paste photos and student work into the books. If you've got some spare time, please let me know.

If you're around the school, check out our bulletin board inspired by Franny K. Stein, mad scientist (the book series I've been reading to them). They love listening to the silly stories, which are full of interesting inventions and funny situations. The book we're reading now, FrannyK. Stein, Mad Scientist: the Fran with Four Brains, Franny has created some "Franbots". They are robots intended to take over some of her after school activities, and free up some of Franny's time for science. Unfortunately, things are not going as planned. When I stopped reading today, there were many moans and groans, because we left Franny in a tricky situation. Ask you're child about it, and hopefully tomorrow we can see how she fixes the problem.

Have a great night and hopefully we'll see you tomorrow for Read Around the Room,

Alyssa