Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

December Reminders

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
December Reminders
by Alyssa Ellison - Tuesday, 9 December 2014, 8:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I can't believe that we've only got 1 1/2 weeks left until the Winter holiday! This term as flown by, and I consider myself so incredibly lucky to work with your children every day.

Wednesday, December 10th is popcorn day.

Thursday, December 11th is craft night. The school will be open from 5:30-6:45 and families can travel around the school making crafts. There will be a map at the front entrance which shows all the activities, and some intermediate students available to help you find your way.

Monday, December 15th we are decorating gingerbread houses with our buddy class. Thank you to Alexis who has volunteered to make the houses, and hopefully we will have one or two more volunteers to help her. The houses are made with boiled sugar and graham crackers, and can be made on Friday or Monday morning. Thank you to Katrina who has offered to make some icing (I have a recipe, but really any white icing will work). We are looking for one or two more volunteers to make a bag of icing, so please let me know if you can help out! On Monday, every child should bring something to contribute to the decorating (smarties, skittles, shreddies, Christmas coloured candy, etc.). The candy will be put into a bucket and every child will receive a mixture to decorate. Please remember that our big buddy class has some children with nut allergies, so no nuts!

Tuesday, December 16th we will have our last sing-a-long in the multi purpose room. Everyone is welcome! Also, today children will bring home their first progress report of the school year.

Wednesday, December 17th is the PAC fun lunch

Thursday, December 18th is Festive Hat Day. We will have an assembly at 10:00, and the children in Ms. DeLucca's guided reading group(Isaac, Karley, Mischa, Taylor, and Jenna H.) will be reciting a poem!

Friday, December 18th is our last day of school before the Winter/Christmas holiday and it's also Pajama Day! Children are encouraged to wear cozy jammies and bring one favourite stuffed animal.

As always, if you have any questions, please email me at aellison@sd63.bc.ca or call the school at 250-652-3996.

smile

Alyssa