Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

Goldstream Park Field Trip--Nov 25th

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
Goldstream Park Field Trip--Nov 25th
by Alyssa Ellison - Monday, 24 November 2014, 5:51 PM

Hi everyone,

To quote a line from one of my favourite Kevin Henkes books, "Wow. That's just about all I can say...wow!" I really appreciate how many parents have volunteered to come with us on our Goldstream Park field trip--it's a show of incredible support, and I am very appreciative!

Many of you have completed the paperwork for criminal record checks, but if your paperwork isn't complete, you can still drive your own child. Of course, parents who only have their own child can carpool together! If you're not able to come on this field trip, don't worry, we will have many more adventures this school year. If you fill out the driving form/criminal record check you can drive on another field trip, and it is good for two years, so you won't have to worry about it for a while.

If you are driving, please meet us at the classroom at 11:30. Here's our itinerary:

11:30ish: Leave the school and drive to Goldstream Park. I can't remember if we need to pay for parking, but if you do, please give me the receipt, and I will reimburse you from our field trip funds.

12:00 Meet at the undercovered area (where the washrooms and fire pits are) where we will have our lunches---outdoor picnic!

12:20-12:30 Walk to the Nature House together.

12:45-2:00 Nature House talk and walk with a naturalist guide.

2:00ish--Drive back to school.

Important Reminders:

* Your child needs to wear appropriate clothing----layers (we will be inside and outside), waterproof clothing (we're outside, rain or shine), boots, gloves, a hat, etc.

* If your child needs a booster seat, and you're not driving, please send a booster seat with your child's name taped to it.

* We are having a picnic lunch, so please send any utensils your child may need. You may want to pack a water bottle in your child's lunch as well.

See you tomorrow!

Alyssa