Division 4 News--click here to see all the posts on our forum

October News

Picture of Alyssa Ellison
October News
by Alyssa Ellison - Tuesday, 14 October 2014, 5:40 PM

Hello Families,

Wow! It's hard to believe that we've halfway through October already! Hopefully everyone will receive this via email. If you don't want to receive these emails anymore, you can always unsubscribe (I think it's at the bottom of every email). All of the classroom newsletters can be found on our moodle page. This is especially helpful when papers go missing! I think all the 'bugs' have been fixed, and you (and your children) should be able to check out our moodle page from home. It shouldn't ask for a password. Here's the instructions:

1) Go to the Brentwood Elementary website

2) click on "students", scroll down and click on "teacher pages"

3) Choose our class from the list and it will take you to our moodle page.

4) Once on the moodle page, you can click on the various boxes to read the newsletters, learn about spiders, play math games, etc.

We have begun a Daily 5 literacy program. The Daily 5 are 1) Read to Self 2) Read to Someone 3) Work on Writing  4) Work on Words and 5) Listen to Reading. If you click on the Daily 5 box on our moodle page, there are spelling and reading websites your children may enjoy.

Speaking of reading, I wanted to send out a BIG thank you to everyone who has come Fridays for our Read Around the Room times. If you haven't had a chance yet, we will do this every Friday until the end of the June, so there's lots of time left to come and read with us!

Important Dates to Remember:

Thursday, October 23: Field Trip to the Stelly's Climbing Wall. We will walk to the Stelly's Climbing Center, learn about climbing, and try a variety of climbing activities. If you would like to join us, please let me know.

Friday, October 31st: Halloween--we will have stations in the afternoon. If you are available to help, please let me know.

Thank you to all the people who have brought inside/gym shoes to school. It is very necessary--especially as the weather starts to get wetter--to have dry clean shoes at school.