2. Khan Academy - You will need to create a student account. I can then assign each student individual work.
3. Extra numeracy worksheets (Choice Activity)Math Review - you may choose to do 1-2 pages per day next week - I will work on these with those attending in-person schooling, but I do not expect Group B to finish at school.
2. Observation Notebooks (Every Friday)
3. What's My Superpower? (Monday, June 15) - this activity will be completed with those attending in-person schooling
4. I'm Talking Dad! (Wednesday, June 17) - Similar to Mother's Day, students may choice write instead of completing this activity.
5. Summer Acrostic Poem (Thursday, June 18) - Create your own summer acrostic poem!
6. How to Make the Best Sandwich Activity (Monday, June 22) - this activity will be completed with those attending in-person schooling
7. Summer Fun activity (Wednesday, June 24)
1. Draw Rosie the Sausage Dog (Choice Activity)
2. Make an Origami Yoda (Choice Activity)
4. BC Parks Colouring Pages (Choice Activity)
5. How to Draw a Realistic Bee (Choice Activity)
6. Bubble Wrap Beehive (Choice Activity)
7. Bobble Bee Paper Craft (Choice Activity)
8. Indigenous Artist Colouring Book (Choice Activity)
1. Tower Challenge (Choice April 20-24)
2. Build a Catapult! (Choice April 27 - May 1) - You can create your own or look at the options below for some ideas.
Options: 1) Lego Catapult
3. Build a Marble Run! (Choice May 4 - 8)
4. Paper Chain Challenge (Choice May 11 - 15)
5. The Incredible Hoop Glider (Choice May 18 - 22)
6. Egg Drop Challenge (Choice June 1 - 5)
7. Motion Flipbook (Choice June 8 - 12)
8. Walking Water Experiment (Choice June 15 - 19)
Science / Social Studies
Weekly Activity: (Updated June 5)
Bonjour tout le monde!
Do you remember all your French colour words? This week we will review them so that we can make a colour card game to play next week.
Remember that most colours can come in both dark and light:
Dark = foncé
Light = pâle
The exceptions would be black (noir) and white (blanc). If you have a light black, for example, it would actually be grey (gris). Gris can come in light and dark, but if you have dark black, most would say that it's still black.
Here is how you would say the colours in dark and light:
dark blue = bleu foncé
light blue = bleu pâle
Some colour families, like blue, have special types of that colour. For example, “turquoise”.
Try saying the dark and light versions with the following colours:
Have a look around you. What colours can you name in French? If you see a special name colour, for example: magenta, use Google Translate to discover that word in French!
Here is a fun colour video that you can watch if you have access to a computer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaaSprb0IXkJ'aime les voitures © 2012 alain le lait, music & animation Print lyrics with English translations at: http://www.yadeeda.com J'aime les voitures Les rouges, les bleues Les blanches, et les noires Et les violettes J'aime les voitures Les jaunes, les vertes Les roses, les beiges Et les violettes J'aime les camions Les rouges, les bleus Les ...www.youtube.com
Don't forget to keep adding new words you find around the house to your French mini-book "Dictionnaire"!
By the way, four kids were able to remember the next word in the Cartes Violettes Challenge. The action that comes after “écrit” is “dort” (sleep). With their permission, I can announce it was Jasper, Josh, Evan R., and Victoria who remembered. Well done!
1. Dance with Mrs. Eng! Those of us who were at Brentwood last year will remember Mrs. Eng from either music class or their classroom. She has created an amazing dance website full of videos so that you can learn so more dance moves. She hopes you enjoy them!
Social Emotional Learning (Parent Choice)
1. Dealing with Conflict (Updated for June 15 - 19) - Our district has shared the following resource with us for grade 3-5 students. I believe it is appropriate to share with grade 2 students, but I will leave the ultimate decision up to you. The videos and activities will help students form their self-care toolbox, which may be extra important during these uncertain times. Each week I will add another section to this slideshow and make a note that it has been updated.